new concept for dota updates

per icefrog

We want to try taking a different approach to how gameplay patches are released. Instead of big patches a couple of times a year, we'll be releasing small patches every 2 weeks on Thursdays. We'll be trying this out for about six months and then reevaluating. To make it easier to keep track of changes, we'll also be releasing a new in-game feature to notify you of any recent changes to heroes in your match.
    remember benghazi

That sounds way better than the current setup

Godlike
    what an innovative concept.

Are they still going to do those big disgusting content releases?

That's been their business model going back to TF2

Beyond Grantlike
    how else are they gonna phrase it. how else are they gonna say "the game is dying so we're gonna stop taking four months to nerf egregiously broken shit" and make it sound like a design choice

Steam ID
    miasma
    brought to you by the people who gave psionic traps damage

Steam ID
    deafxrobot
    patch tomorrow or what
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    this is an internet video game forum u retard i can do whatever the fuck i want if u dont like it u can commit suicide

Quote Originally Posted by bees View Post
    per icefrog
    Hots did it
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

Steam ID
    house of mirth/prk
    would much rather have a stable version of this game where players work out the kinks with picks/play/itemization. why be creative when you can just wait two weeks?

no time to learn these patches, it hurts the quality of competitive games where we end up spending months figuring stuff out/discovering bugs

this is just more league of legends shit and i hate it

Steam ID
    house of mirth/prk
    this is AWFUL for anyone who hasnt come to that conclusion yet. abandon all hope for the path of constant patching is a sure sign that developers are operating without intent on the kneejerk reactions of a community that can get out of legend 2 becuase of their teammates. pretty surprised by this announcement, but also not tbh. id play on the same patch for 2-3 years but i know that i am an exception. but the idea that something should be tweaked every 2 weeks is so fucking reddity i cannot stress that enough. go check this shit out

reddit.com/league or .com/lol or whatever they put it as, im sure its just a bunch of idiots whining about whatever change was most immediate, clamoring for a new one and i dont have to check to tell you that becuase tahts just what happens when you ask teenagers what they think about the same topic every two weeks
    Last edited by prk; February 1st, 2018 at 08:37 AM.

Dominating
    Steam ID
    REFPSI
    Meh i could care less how often they patch their game. They just never fix what they are supposed to and never listen to sensible people and never undo bad changes.
    Hows luna still taking my whole base after a bad team fight but centaur cant return damage towers with illusions lmfao.

They do contradictory shit because they refuse to admit they favor certain heroes. Honestly look at half of the dota cast, why did SF need a raze buff? Dude was played very often. He got buffs because he was played often. Half of the supposed midlaners you cant even play because they just get denied out and completely out leveled. The absolute state of dota right now is something you cannot fix without a couple of reverts. but its okay valve go ahead never admit you were wrong about a lot of changes you did.

Steam ID
    house of mirth/prk
    Quote Originally Posted by Refpsi View Post
    Meh i could care less how often they patch their game. They just never fix what they are supposed to and never listen to sensible people and never undo bad changes.
    Hows luna still taking my whole base after a bad team fight but centaur cant return damage towers with illusions lmfao.

They do contradictory shit because they refuse to admit they favor certain heroes. Honestly look at half of the dota cast, why did SF need a raze buff? Dude was played very often. He got buffs because he was played often. Half of the supposed midlaners you cant even play because they just get denied out and completely out leveled. The absolute state of dota right now is something you cannot fix without a couple of reverts. but its okay valve go ahead never admit you were wrong about a lot of changes you did.
    Yeah im not sure raze change was that bad. Playing vs sf every game isnt that fun but at least hes playable again. I dont think u remember how bad it was

But i agree they have their own vision of this game and really dont listen to common sense stuff
    Last edited by prk; February 1st, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

reminder WK is still in this game and still the worst hero
    remember benghazi