Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Diet of Worms - a fight for papal authority signup thread

"Unless I am convicted by scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen." - Martin Luther

They tried to poison Martin a few times before his edict .. but they failed. Martin showed them up pretty bad at Worms and thanks to his deeds we have the gayest sects of christianity today, iconoclastic pope haters mainly. The Holy Spirit touches a few Christians and orders them to execute the heretics at Worms before it's too late.

The Diet (7-14 Romans):
    Members of the assembly at Worms. Each Roman at the diet votes during the day on who to execute by sundown.

Heretics (2, Martin Luther and Prince Frederick III):
    Martin Luther and P. Frederick will have a secure line of communication. They need to execute the Romans who enact the will of the Holy Spirit. Heretics win when no chosen Christians are alive. Each night the heretics, as a group, may choose to backstab one Roman at the diet.

Chosen Christians (2-3):
    A select few touched by the Holy Spirit at Worms. God told them about Calvinists and Protestants in the 21st century. Christianity wins when Martin Luther and Prince Frederick are executed.

Christians (vanilla filler role):
    They win when Martin and Frederick are executed.

Pope Leo X (1):
    Just a bad pope overall tbh. Pope Leo wins if he is backstabbed at night by the heretics or voted to be executed by a Christian majority.

ADDITIONAL RULES:
    1. You must do your best to roleplay early modern english(1400-1700). No mafia terminology allowed.
    2. Any normative claims must be supplemented by scripture, apocrypha may be used. Feel free to use biblehub.com

"For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones." Isaiah 57:15

Sign

sign
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect"

Can you elaborate on 2 further? As in a normative claim?

Can't edit but:
    1. If you break roleplay intentionally in public chat then you die then and there.
    2. Both Heretics and the chosen Christians will have a private chat.

I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Can you elaborate on 2 further? As in a normative claim?
    A NORMATIVE claim, on the other hand, is a claim that asserts that such-and-such OUGHT to be the case. Normative claims make value judgments.

We should execute so-and-so because he is not taking any sides. "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Revelations 3:16. When Jesus drew the sword from his mouth and began judging the world those who were neither here nor there did not deserve a thought, neither salvation or damnation. Therefore, a Roman that gish gallops and contributes nothing of value should be executed outright.

Take whatever liberties you want in interpreting the bible, just make some attempt.

Method of execution is hanging btw.

Hope we get warnings for misuse instead of instant execution. Sounds good but I know I'll fuck up eventually and I feel like others as imperfect as myself might agree.

Beyond Grantlike
    A Diet? Not for me, thanks!

Steam ID
    dotakyle
    sign. i like roleplay games but dont be nazi enforcing it pls

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    Hope we get warnings for misuse instead of instant execution. Sounds good but I know I'll fuck up eventually and I feel like others as imperfect as myself might agree.
    dont worry, for all have fallen short od the glory of god
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Steam ID
    notjones
    sign

Steam ID
    flopagis
    Sign

Sign

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    instead of lynch x should ve excommunicate x
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Steam ID
    TK
    Escrignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    Ewiz is observably very stupid (chronic drinker and poor emotional control - both strong indicators of low IQ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesing View Post
    Does Liquid win TI7 under Hillary Clinton? Unlikely.

Steam ID
    notjones
    where's the confessional night-pm friendly neighbor character?

"Thus do I sign. God help me. Amen." - Martin "Krazy Kat" Luther
    Into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    A Diet? Not for me, thanks!

+1 for enforcing the roleplay rules
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast