Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Diet of Worms - a fight for papal authority GAME THREAD

"Even if the whole universe holds communion with the [Latinizing/heretical] Patriarch, I will not communicate with him. For I know from the writings of the holy Apostle Paul: the Holy Spirit declares that even the angels would be anathema if they should begin to preach another Gospel, introducing some new teaching." - St. Maximus the Confessor

The Diet:
    Alightsoul
    divine <---*OPEN YOUR PMS SO I CAN GIVE YOU YOUR ROLE*
    flopagis
    Krazy Kat
    Nmagane
    notjones
    SCSF
    Theodore
    yns

Frederick The Third hadst did secure safe passage To the Diet of Worms f'r Martin Luther. Lo, God doth causeth a st'rm all mighty henceafter. The ground that which surrounds the castle walls metamorphize to naught. "How now! What news?" the diet call'd to the skies. "O'er lies a folk so wicked, 'tis surmised to hang ye all".

Roles: Heretics, Chosen Christians, Pope Leo X , Christians.
    Heretics win if all Chosen Christians are killed. Heretics have private communication and may murder one Roman at the diet per night as a group. There are at least 2 heretics.
    Christians win if all heretics are killed.
    Chosen Christians have private communication and know each other's identity.
    Pope Leo X wins if he is backstabbed at night by the heretics or voted hung by a Christian majority.

Additional Rules:
    1. You must do your best to roleplay early modern english(1400-1700). No mafia terminology allowed. Keep lynch lines bolded and on the first line of your post but use rp talk.
    2. Any normative claims must be supplemented by scripture, apocrypha may be used. Feel free to use biblehub.com (stick to judeo-christian canon)

Rules will be enforced more harshly as the game progresses. Please use forum names when you lynch vote cause idk all your names.

Quote Originally Posted by John 3:18-21
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
    Day 1 ends on Feb 25 @ 10PM EST.

mood:

btw only i am allowed to break rp

Good Dawning - To Ye _ Good Fellow Christians.
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect"

Thine truly - me - Beest a Christian too. Trusteth me and we Shall execute thine Heretics.

Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight. -Proverbs 12:22
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect"

Beyond Grantlike
    Greetings, fellow Christians - And Glory to God on this blessed day.

Quote Originally Posted by Romans 1:27
    In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another.

I will have my courier visit your home posthaste jc-denton!

I believe we have an obligation to god to kill the heretic "alightsoul." His abominable behavior is no longer tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Steam ID
    notjones
    My most prized possession, a painting of father's heavens above, it brushed with pure human emotion and innocence, was destroyed, tainted, vandalized last night as I slept ignorant, unknowing, and helpless in my humble abode.

Friends, come to me for my face is raw from ununending torrential tear that weep and stream from my eye. Help me to the Church so my soul can be leavened.

Steam ID
    notjones

Quote Originally Posted by notjones View Post

Steam ID
    dotakyle
    notjones yond is a quite quaint picture

Quote Originally Posted by notjones View Post

Yes, I have begun to take justice into my own hands. This empire is afflicted with heretics, and I shall devalue their possessions and drive them to the sea

Quote Originally Posted by yns View Post
    Yes, I have begun to take justice into my own hands. This empire is afflicted with heretics, and I shall devalue their possessions and drive them to the sea
    I disgress, sir.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, -Leviticus 27:1

Quote Originally Posted by Acts 21:38
    Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?
    What sayest thee?
    Into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird.

Lynch Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy 5:8
    Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth
    Jones methinks thou hast created a graven image.

We need to speaketh to our brethren. The silent may hide secrets.

Sire? Sire? I am - not convincedeth - so far - through god's holy Fire.
    Hang Alightsoul

Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus 5:15
    If a-soul commit a trespass, and sin through ignorance, in the holy things of the LORD; then he shall bring for his trespass unto the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flocks
    Asoul. Where is your ram without blemish?

Beyond Grantlike
    I have, here, for you, a ram without blemish, though it may be slightly crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Acts 15:1-41
    But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them, Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question. So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and brought great joy to all the brothers. When they came to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the church and the apostles and the elders, and they declared all that God had done with them. But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses.”

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast