Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Steam ID
    ironstove_

[ONGOING] Black Box Mafia #2

Mafia Rules:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XbO87zg-k/edit

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    It goes without saying (and is already highlighted in the rules above), but because it has happened multiple times in the past, I will stress it - Do NOT reference meta data about this game. Role PMs. Do NOT talk about them, do not reference anything regarding them, do not speculate about a person's role based on ANYTHING that has to do with ANY type of interaction that has ANYTHING with the host (ME) involved in it, like sending me a PM asking a question, then stating in game 'I ASKED X TO HOST SO THIS CONFIRMS I'M TOWN'.

This is against the rules. I will replace you out, or I will remove your slot if I cannot find a replacement.

Playerlist:
    Lucky Artist
    notjones
    Slithereen
    divine
    Nmagane
    Krazy Kat
    nihil.
    iamafuckingretard
    sdadasdas
    SCSF
    Cactus
    yns
    SuPA

I will post when the game has started.
    YOU SO
    FUCKIN'
    PRECIOUS
    WHEN YOU

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    11/13 players have confirmed.

Game has started.

The day will end on Saturday 5 PM PST/8 PM EST. If this day/time doesn't work for some of you, we can try to move it to another time that works best.
    YOU SO
    FUCKIN'
    PRECIOUS
    WHEN YOU

Beyond Grantlike iamafuckingretard's Avatar
    first

Lynch Jones
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect"

lynch yns

lynch Lucky Artist

Time for the usual day 1 mexican standoff. Let's not act like the first day is going to attribute much going forth as it's usually a cesspool for base level humor and surface level accusations. That said, it can be important in it's own right in hindsight. Funny how that works - at face value the first day is worthless and a bunch of chickens running without a head but a few days down the line the simplest messages often have the deepest connotations. None the less, here's to another grand game of Mafia!
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

“Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect"

On an analytical note, I was pondering why we are so drawn to Mafia in this community. Not to armchair philosophize the users of this forum too much but there's definitely a rather pungent note of social isolation; at least more so than the norm here. Ones who have surface level relationships with people (through drugs or other shallow endavours) often make heavy emphasis on this fact highlighting an insecurity of sorts; demonstrating that it is hard to believe anyone here's unbiased take on their day to day to day. Digressing no further, an appeal of mafia that draws us in is the analysis of others behaviour and how it often replicates and mimics our own. There are those users that use cliched (here at least) humor to break ice and also those who insult other members in order to create a lot of smokes whether to hide their own motives or just inspire a little chaos to the game. Nonetheless, at the spine of the game is, in ways an equivalence of poker, understanding your opponent is most of the battle in terms of winning the game. The idea of "winning" is kind of odd in that way too as in poker you are playing for your hand and your stake only whilst here you are competing with the intention of victory for your team. I guess as a community we're not so selfish as some would seem. That belief belongs bedded beneath the bushes however as it has no use bar trivial in the game to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmagane View Post
    Time for the usual day 1 mexican standoff. Let's not act like the first day is going to attribute much going forth as it's usually a cesspool for base level humor and surface level accusations. That said, it can be important in it's own right in hindsight. Funny how that works - at face value the first day is worthless and a bunch of chickens running without a head but a few days down the line the simplest messages often have the deepest connotations. None the less, here's to another grand game of Mafia!
    well written!

cheers!

drugs arent shallow tho and you have no room to say so until u try psychedelics

Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    You could say that, but how far can lysergi.com get you in a game of mafia?

Lets Find Out

I have tried psychedelics and abused drugs in the past. My drug of choice was ketamine and I was not interested in low doses; rather I was interested in the upper limits of the drug. A fun fact if you're a fan of Timothy Leary (the figurehead of the 60's counter culture acid movement), he was a firm believer that there were three ways to get to the higher plane of consciousness; DMT, over 1000ug of acid and ketamine. I believe ketamine to be a very psychadelic experience but that does not prohibit my past with acid as well as LSA. I have not tried shrooms or DMT yet but I'm sure I shall come across them at some point. Despite my predisposition to drugs and I have dabbled in quite a few addictions, I must admit that they are a shallow pursuit. Whilst meaning in life is like holding water; a universal agreement has been reached across literature and philosophy across the eons that communication is one of the true things in our universe. Drug experiences are harder to emphasize across verbal and other language even to people with experience with that drug as the drug experience is so volatile and everchanging compared to our sober state of mind. Our inability to express drug experiences is similar to our inability to express dreams but that does not stop us trying when we have one particularly bothersome.

i've said this a few times but ill say it again

for me, the higher doses are more recreational and unproductively disorienting (the comedown makes everything feel alien and like i have to re-build my values every time if i trip hard enough)

where the drugs get more interesting and deep is the microdose to low dose range, where there've been case studies on such dose levels facilitating creative problem solving and socializing

read fadiman's psychedelic explorer's guide and skip to the case studies on researchers/engineers/architects

the serotonergic psychedelics disconnect your consciousness from your memories and habits on a sliding scale

it's obvious that going too far up the scale can't be that productive or interesting, since the comedown has you realizing lots of obvious things as "epiphanies" since they're pseudonew to your tripping consciousness

i've said this a few times but ill say it again

for me, the higher doses are more recreational and unproductively disorienting (the comedown makes everything feel alien and like i have to re-build my values every time if i trip hard enough)

where the drugs get more interesting and deep is the microdose to low dose range, where there've been case studies on such dose levels facilitating creative problem solving and socializing

read fadiman's psychedelic explorer's guide and skip to the case studies on researchers/engineers/architects
    I have done ample research into psychadelic's microdose properties but in terms of spiritual exploration and sporadic exploration inwards at self caverns of thought I have always advocated dissociatives due to their ego loss properties which I believe most epiphanies arise from sober or otherwise.

the serotonergic psychedelics disconnect your consciousness from your memories and habits on a sliding scale

it's obvious that going too far up the scale can't be that productive or interesting, since the comedown has you realizing lots of obvious things as "epiphanies" since they're pseudonew to your tripping consciousness
    You should leave the seabed of psychadelics in pursuit of riskier and unstable planes.

I do find myself dissociated a lot though - without drugs - and some times I wonder why.

Funny or ironic as it may be; I don't remember writing that last post. I guess that's dissociation or perhaps a two headed serpent with lack of consultance before running my own mouth.

noun
    the action of divesting someone or something of human characteristics or individuality.
    PSYCHIATRY
    a state in which one's thoughts and feelings seem unreal or not to belong to oneself.

These seem more than true for a variety of reasons.

yea im interested in ketamine

maybe sometime

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast