Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110
  1. #21
    Wicked Sick Nmagane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    hm

    well at least I didn't obsess much over this game

    PS snorting lysergi does not particularly improve my town play
    What's lysergi like?
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

    “Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect”

    “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

  2. #22
    Who's hosting next?
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

  3. #23
    Wicked Sick Nmagane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,344
    I could host a game, I've been thinking of some new ideas to change up the tired mafia formula.
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

    “Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect”

    “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

  4. #24
    omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12,074
    As long as it has a slave role im in
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmagane View Post
    I could host a game, I've been thinking of some new ideas to change up the tired mafia formula.
    i'm guessing it's only mafia this time? since you've already done mafialess
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

  6. #26
    Godlike Krazy Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    Into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird.

  7. #27
    I'll host if nobody else wants to
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

  8. #28
    Holy Shit yns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,063
    Reminder that I'm the man in the relationship

  9. #29
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,559
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I can host again... looks like ewiz threw the game. OFC.

    Here are my thoughts on the setup I just ran:

    1. I was tired of the nadota meta of power roles misusing/not submitting actions within the given deadline, so I extended the timeframe. The idea behind this was simple: More time to play = more time to think. People would hopefully give more thought to how their roles were designed to interact and play the game.

    2. Why ghosts? Ghost was essentially designed to be a tree stump, usually you don't have this many and its obviously a very powerful role for town so I thought that providing 3 very powerful roles for mafia would counter-balance it. I won't let the result of this game discourage my testing. Why does mafia have ghost as well? Well, the main reason was for the purpose of having mafia still able to participate in the private chat to collaborate and strategize. Hardly anything was said in the mafia chat, which I think was probably one of the strongest tools in this game for mafia.

    I STILL think that this was a balanced setup and without the JOAT role, it was mafia favored. Role blocker is such an extremely powerful role and in a 3:10 setup, there is plenty of room for mafia to navigate.

    3. Mafia is ultimately a team game that is focused on cooperation and communication. You don't really 'carry' in a mafia game, although there are opportunities that people can make plays for sure. One of the main reasons I think mafia played very poorly this game and one of the main reasons I thought mafia would actually WIN this game is because they had 24/7 day/night chat, a role blocker and a strongman/ninja. Considering how weak I felt the town meta was, I even tried to counter balance and make this game more town-favored by adding in the JOAT (I was originally going to have 2-PRs and neighborizer/PT checker)

    4. Continuing further on #3, because this is a team game it's very similar to DotA. If you lose a game of DOTA you can spend a lot of time blaming other factors like maybe your team/supports did not rotate/help you enough at mid when you were losing to SF and that's why SF got out of control, or maybe your supports didn't give you enough space and that's why you didn't farm so good, and vice versa if you're playing as a support and looking for reasons to blame the carry, but you're not looking within yourself for the reasons you lost. Yes, the team could have played better, but YOU could have played better, and just because you're having a shit game doesn't give reasons to ruin everyone else's game by breaking your items and raging or typing in all-chat that your team is trying to take rosh while you sit at fountain.

    I hope that analogy illustrates how I feel about this game and why I stopped coming to this site for a while. I feel in a casual environment like this and many other mafia websites, people do not actually care about winning, but play mafia more for the human interaction aspect of the game, which is actually not really interesting to me since I actually get enough human interaction in my own life. I think some people have such toxic attitudes that people cannot stand them IRL and so they use the internet as their channel to release their emotional/mental instability onto people whom they don't have to answer to or take accountability for their actions towards.
    YOU SO
    FUCKIN'
    PRECIOUS
    WHEN YOU

  10. #30
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,559
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I think the problem with YNS is that when it is time to step up and take the lead, to guide teammates on the right decisions he is unable to do so and does not provide any type of help or collaboration, yet if and when the teammate makes a choice which leads to a bad result, YNS is the first person you find to point the finger and lay on the blame.

    You had more than enough time to talk out your strategy before divine claimed, after he claimed, but I saw nothing in chat during that time, but you had so much to say afterwards even after divine apologized and recognized his mistake. Really, also the fact that you ruined this game by abusing the mechanic I added in that was designed to help your team win is another reason I don't believe you're mature enough to play this game (Which really says a lot considering where it is that we're playing).

    For this reason, I don't plan to let you sign any of my next 5 games.
    YOU SO
    FUCKIN'
    PRECIOUS
    WHEN YOU

  11. #31
    Holy Shit yns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    I think the problem with YNS is that when it is time to step up and take the lead, to guide teammates on the right decisions he is unable to do so and does not provide any type of help or collaboration, yet if and when the teammate makes a choice which leads to a bad result, YNS is the first person you find to point the finger and lay on the blame.

    You had more than enough time to talk out your strategy before divine claimed, after he claimed, but I saw nothing in chat during that time, but you had so much to say afterwards even after divine apologized and recognized his mistake. Really, also the fact that you ruined this game by abusing the mechanic I added in that was designed to help your team win is another reason I don't believe you're mature enough to play this game (Which really says a lot considering where it is that we're playing).

    For this reason, I don't plan to let you sign any of my next 5 games.
    I threw? Fucking nma posted he was mafia. I was still playing to win after Dan forfeited

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    I can host again... looks like ewiz threw the game. OFC.

    Here are my thoughts on the setup I just ran:

    1. I was tired of the nadota meta of power roles misusing/not submitting actions within the given deadline, so I extended the timeframe. The idea behind this was simple: More time to play = more time to think. People would hopefully give more thought to how their roles were designed to interact and play the game.

    2. Why ghosts? Ghost was essentially designed to be a tree stump, usually you don't have this many and its obviously a very powerful role for town so I thought that providing 3 very powerful roles for mafia would counter-balance it. I won't let the result of this game discourage my testing. Why does mafia have ghost as well? Well, the main reason was for the purpose of having mafia still able to participate in the private chat to collaborate and strategize. Hardly anything was said in the mafia chat, which I think was probably one of the strongest tools in this game for mafia.

    I STILL think that this was a balanced setup and without the JOAT role, it was mafia favored. Role blocker is such an extremely powerful role and in a 3:10 setup, there is plenty of room for mafia to navigate.

    3. Mafia is ultimately a team game that is focused on cooperation and communication. You don't really 'carry' in a mafia game, although there are opportunities that people can make plays for sure. One of the main reasons I think mafia played very poorly this game and one of the main reasons I thought mafia would actually WIN this game is because they had 24/7 day/night chat, a role blocker and a strongman/ninja. Considering how weak I felt the town meta was, I even tried to counter balance and make this game more town-favored by adding in the JOAT (I was originally going to have 2-PRs and neighborizer/PT checker)

    4. Continuing further on #3, because this is a team game it's very similar to DotA. If you lose a game of DOTA you can spend a lot of time blaming other factors like maybe your team/supports did not rotate/help you enough at mid when you were losing to SF and that's why SF got out of control, or maybe your supports didn't give you enough space and that's why you didn't farm so good, and vice versa if you're playing as a support and looking for reasons to blame the carry, but you're not looking within yourself for the reasons you lost. Yes, the team could have played better, but YOU could have played better, and just because you're having a shit game doesn't give reasons to ruin everyone else's game by breaking your items and raging or typing in all-chat that your team is trying to take rosh while you sit at fountain.

    I hope that analogy illustrates how I feel about this game and why I stopped coming to this site for a while. I feel in a casual environment like this and many other mafia websites, people do not actually care about winning, but play mafia more for the human interaction aspect of the game, which is actually not really interesting to me since I actually get enough human interaction in my own life. I think some people have such toxic attitudes that people cannot stand them IRL and so they use the internet as their channel to release their emotional/mental instability onto people whom they don't have to answer to or take accountability for their actions towards.
    I think the game was pretty much over by the time ewiz "threw" anyways. Great setup though, I'll let you host instead then.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

  13. #33
    Holy Shit yns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmagane View Post
    We had a good chance of winning I think but you insisted on lying to town thereby defeating our chances. I don't care what you say it wasn't a calculated play
    How the fuck do you say I ruined the game by outing him as scum after he posted that?

  14. #34
    Wicked Sick Nmagane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmagane View Post
    No you weren't and I didn't claim mafia. Divine quite blatantly claimed mafia by saying "I might as well say it: I'm mafia" or something along those lines; I did not. Just because you choose to magistrate that I did does not make it the truth and your "playing along" was as subtle as your "lying" was earlier in the game.
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

    “Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect”

    “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

  15. #35
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,559
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I think the fact that none of the mafia members in this game did not get town-read and invited into PT by the neighborizer makes this setup look extremely town favored, but it is very unusual to have mafia lose within the first 3 days. While I am slightly annoyed that YNS outed his teammate and posted private game material on the forum, it also looked like the lynch after dan would be the last mafia.
    YOU SO
    FUCKIN'
    PRECIOUS
    WHEN YOU

  16. #36
    Holy Shit yns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    I think the fact that none of the mafia members in this game did not get town-read and invited into PT by the neighborizer makes this setup look extremely town favored, but it is very unusual to have mafia lose within the first 3 days. While I am slightly annoyed that YNS outed his teammate and posted private game material on the forum, it also looked like the lynch after dan would be the last mafia.
    HE FUXKINF POSTED THIS BEFORE I DID ANYTHING

    Quote Originally Posted by Nmagane View Post
    We had a good chance of winning I think but you insisted on lying to town thereby defeating our chances. I don't care what you say it wasn't a calculated play

  17. #37
    Holy Shit yns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,063
    HOW THE FUCK DID I THROW THE GAME WHEN HE ALREADY OUTED HINSELF?

  18. #38
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,559
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I'm basing the idea that you threw on what information I have gathered reading this thread because it looks like one of the moderators have deleted all of the posts in question, so I am unable to draw my own context.
    YOU SO
    FUCKIN'
    PRECIOUS
    WHEN YOU

  19. #39
    Wicked Sick Nmagane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,344
    The moderator Slithereen hid the posts in the thread so you get to take that post out of context.
    “A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”

    “Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect”

    “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”

  20. #40
    Holy Shit yns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,063
    NMA LITERALLY POSTED THAT HE'S SCUM, SO I ASSUME THAT HE'S FORFEITED, AND SOMEHOW I RUINED THE GAME?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •