Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Re: m0rph's tech support thread

i dont know if its fried tho

if it was just a short, the mobo is fine right?
    coL.ixmike88: ?
    coL.ixmike88: i aint a nerd
    coL.ixmike88: im a dota player.

Banned

yeah, short circuiting your motherboard actually increases performance by 15%. you just need to perform some post-procedural operations which m0rphl1ng will outline and you're good to go

possibly relevant for anyone

bottomright chart is for iems

Steam ID
    kingliche

Steam ID
    WTFDota

Quote Originally Posted by BuLba-SaUr
    i dont know if its fried tho

if it was just a short, the mobo is fine right?
    I told you 5 times what to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by HmmMilkshake View Post
    I think I can play support better than bdiz and universe, but I wouldn't want to regardless.
    Honestly, nadota has been overrun, or grown, or whatever you want to call it so it's no longer a little club, but a big fucking commercial/public site. Go 100% with it. Make money off ads/wongs/a store. Put streams up. Do your own content. Stop trying to hold on to the notion that we can keep the close knit club we have historically been, because it's gone at this point (and I think you know it too spit)
    NADota playpen members: Milkshake, NengLM, ironstove, Kanadian, MrSoada, xCom, qweasdzxcdot, insom

PM WTFDOTA

i have a 6970, should i get another 6970 and crossfire that shit?

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Haxity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nitestryker
    What could you possibly need that much GPU power for?

@m0roph: Would you be super cool and walk me through OC'ing via skype/vent one of these days? I'm semi-familiar with bios, and I've read a few guides on overclocked.net, but I know I'd be better off if someone experienced helped me with it.

Mega Kill
    Steam ID
    deadprez519

What is the best computer I could build for gaming with roughly $1000 budget? Also where is a good place to order parts?

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Haxity's Avatar

Steam ID
    WTFDota

If you want to blow money, why not?

Will it serve any purpose? Nope.
    I think I can play support better than bdiz and universe, but I wouldn't want to regardless.
    Honestly, nadota has been overrun, or grown, or whatever you want to call it so it's no longer a little club, but a big fucking commercial/public site. Go 100% with it. Make money off ads/wongs/a store. Put streams up. Do your own content. Stop trying to hold on to the notion that we can keep the close knit club we have historically been, because it's gone at this point (and I think you know it too spit)
    NADota playpen members: Milkshake, NengLM, ironstove, Kanadian, MrSoada, xCom, qweasdzxcdot, insom

Steam ID
    WTFDota

Quote Originally Posted by Haxity
    What could you possibly need that much GPU power for?

@m0roph: Would you be super cool and walk me through OC'ing via skype/vent one of these days? I'm semi-familiar with bios, and I've read a few guides on overclocked.net, but I know I'd be better off if someone experienced helped me with it.
    What cpu/mobo?

PM WTFDOTA

ehhh bf3 beta ran a bit laggy at times, but i think ill just get a crucial m4 ssd for now

Steam ID
    WTFDota

ehhh bf3 beta ran a bit laggy at times, but i think ill just get a crucial m4 ssd for now
    It wasn't your gpu holding it back. I have a 6950 flashed up to a 6970 and it runs everything at ultra without issue.

An SSD is always a good investment.

PM WTFDOTA

coolio hoolio also what's your thoughts on mechanical keyboards. At the moment i got g510 which i dont have any qualms with. I just like upgrading everything at once lol

Steam ID
    live_is_here

hello i need a new gfx card and power supply so i can run dota2 instead of sitting on my key for yet another few months

help please
    At this moment, there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, that war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. 6 billion people in the world. 6 billion souls. And sometimes, all you need is one.

Godlike

mechanical keyboards are sweet.

M-M-M-Monster Kill

Yeah, there are no reasons not to get a mechanical keyboard if you have the money.

Steam ID
    WTFDota

coolio hoolio also what's your thoughts on mechanical keyboards. At the moment i got g510 which i dont have any qualms with. I just like upgrading everything at once lol
    I have a mechanical keyboard and I love it. It's enjoyable to type on and I would never go back to a membrane keyboard.

If you're happy with your membrane keyboard, switching over to mechanical can be an expensive endeavor. I feel it's worth the money, but if you never experienced typing on a mechanical keyboard, you won't know what you're missing out on and you'll be perfectly happy with a very good membrane keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Live
    hello i need a new gfx card and power supply so i can run dota2 instead of sitting on my key for yet another few months

help please
    Budget? I still like the 6950 and the 560 for good value GPUs right now. I think Corsair PSU's are probably your best bet currently as well.

M-M-M-Monster Kill

Quote Originally Posted by m0rphl1ng
    Budget? I still like the 6950 and the 560 for good value GPUs right now. I think Corsair PSU's are probably your best bet currently as well.
    Corsair/SeaSonics

Steam ID
    WTFDota

Quote Originally Posted by drmaul
    Quote Originally Posted by m0rphl1ng
    Corsair/SeaSonics
    I don't think Live is looking to build a silent PC. If you care about noise, SeaSonic PSU's are great. It's what I used in my HTPC and my server.

I used to like PC Power and Cooling like 5 years ago, before they were bought by OCZ. They were probably the highest quality PSU's you could buy. Now, I can't speak for their quality, and Corsair seems to be killing it.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast