Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: IRC Guide
November 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM #1
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a protocol for instant messaging. There are many different IRC servers to connect to, but DotA players tend to only use Quakenet.org. You can use IRC through a number of clients, but the most popular is mIRC. I personally prefer HexChat. Alternatively, you can use the browser-based solution, Webchat.
Quick mIRC Guide:
- Download and Install.
- Options > Connect. Set your Nickname.
- Options > Connect > Servers. Select QuakeNet.
- /join #nadota
Create an account/qauth:
- /msg Q HELLO youremail@address youremail@address
- Follow the instructions to get your password.
- /msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org AUTH username password
- Check if you are successfully authed: /msg Q whoami
- Change your password: /msg Q@CServe.quakenet.org NEWPASS oldpassword newpassword newpassword
- Problems? Go to the Quakenet FAQ.
Set up your Perform for automation:
- Options > Connect > Options > Perform...
- Check "Enable perform on connect"
- Add Quakenet to your Network dropdown (or just use All Networks if you never use other servers)
- Perform commands:
/auth username password
April 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM #2
when i add the "perform commands" and start mIRC i get "oin unknown command" or uth "unknown command" like if a letter was missing, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, its so weird, can someone help me? >.>
December 5th, 2014, 06:02 AM #3
December 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
- Steam ID
December 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM #5
December 5th, 2014, 02:44 PM #6
- Join Date
- Jan 2010