View Poll Results: Would you attend a LAN tournament, given the below information?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely

17 30.36%
  • Yes, probably

15 26.79%
  • Maybe, 50/50

5 8.93%
  • No, date is bad

4 7.14%
  • No, location is bad

14 25.00%
  • No, something about the $$ is bad

1 1.79%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Steam ID
    Spit-wad

Another Summer LAN poll

- July 10 + 11 (Sat + Sun)
    - Chicago (Ignite)
    - $50 entry fee
    - Entry fee includes free hotel room for Fri, Sat, Sun nights (shared, 5 people per room)
    - Each person (who takes advantage of the free hotel room) is required to put down a $30 deposit at the hotel, which will be given back at check-out, assuming there are no extra room fees
    - Unlimited computer access for Sat + Sun (pay for your own time if you want access on Friday night)
    - Total prize pool for DotA tourny anywhere between $2000-$6000 (payout to top 3 teams, split between team members)
    - $5 entry fee for a minigame (wc3 customs) tourny involving multiple different games, small cash prize pool only from entry fee money + maybe some non-cash prize
    - By paying the entry fee and entering the tournament, you agree to allowing pics/vids to be taken and will take part in a short interview if asked.
    - If you want the free hotel room, you would have to pay the entry fee in advance (say 1 month in advance, paypal or other methods, non-refundable)

None of this is guaranteed, this is simply what appears to be one of the more likely situations at this time, so I'd like to get a more accurate representation of possible attendance.

Remember, this is a "Would you attend", not a "Would you prefer this". - Bottom line, can't make everybody happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ECSD View Post
    After my second post I got called a dumbass by Jubei and a faggot by Vietnam Tom, and I knew I was at home. Since then I've been getting love and it's weird I've never felt so tingly, but I'm here to stay

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Steam ID
    matrimlol

Re: Another Summer LAN poll

Sounds awesome, too bad I don't live in usa
    08/27 23:33:45 Luppy: Matrim is the best youtd player I've ever played with.

thx

So this isnt the NADS Lan right? This is gonna be a second lan?

Sounds good, nice prize pool, good date and hotel being free for paying the entry fee is good.

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

Not sure what "NADS lan" you're talking about. If you're talking about the one I had that big survey for, this is the same one.

After my second post I got called a dumbass by Jubei and a faggot by Vietnam Tom, and I knew I was at home. Since then I've been getting love and it's weird I've never felt so tingly, but I'm here to stay

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!

Chicago sucks, stop cuddling your little boy friends.

fuk chicago

Damn this looks awesome I would definatly be down for going if this is what its going to be ( I know it's not in stone yet ) Chicago seems like the best location to get northeasterners canadians easterners and central people to go pretty good location !tup

i might go on vacation july 10th..

Date sucks for me
    THE BAGS GOT THIS FUckiNG CAT!!

Need to know which hotel is getting booked before I can answer.

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

Quote Originally Posted by zzqq
    Need to know which hotel is getting booked before I can answer.
    A nice one. Seriously.

Slice and frankie, July 17/18 better?

Steam ID
    1300_

Voted no due to location, but doubt it will get moved towards the west coast any further anyways :[

Date is a little rough. Rather have early or late summer.

Steam ID
    asrmatt8

voted no for location
    tri-state area anyone?

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

Remember, this is a "Would you attend", not a "Would you prefer this". - Bottom line, can't make everybody happy.

M-M-M-Monster Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Spit-wad
    Would this LAN be more based for people who have sponsors and can afford to go since the prizes would be REALLY decent, or is it more for the community.

Steam ID
    asrmatt8

Quote Originally Posted by CrucifieD
    Would this LAN be more based for people who have sponsors and can afford to go since the prizes would be REALLY decent, or is it more for the community.
    is this that kiom kid???

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story

$2000-$6000...

that seems like the highest amount offered at a NA lan considering the netolic Lan only offered was MUCH lower than this this

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

No, it's specifically geared towards non-sponsored people - free hotel, etc. Basically making it so if you get yourself there, you get super cheap accommodations (just entry fee which includes hotel)

And the prize pool is nowhere near guaranteed, it was just an example. It would not be the highest prize pool either - chicago fire n ice december '07 at ignite had $6k just for first place - i dont remember 2nd and 3rd, but i think it was maybe 3k and 1k for 10k total.

I'd rather (and according to the survey, most other people too) take part of the prize pool and put it towards free hotel rooms for everyone, to encourage people to travel since you would only have to cover your gas/bus/train/plane ticket.

aka I want as many people to come as possible - I don't care how much money the winners walk away with, but they should be able to more than cover their expenses.

100% Nirvana can participate in this event, depending on the date.

Nirvana will be running about 20-40k tournament in Beijing, China in summer, not exact sure on month and date. Let's hope times don't conflict

Hope this pulls through