i spend a week doing cardio

i spend a week doing low weight exercises with higher reps

i jack off 4 times a day

RIP GreenRanger69

Steam ID
    bk_ganked

Re: NADOTA bodybuilding thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spit-wad
    For all you guys doing the routines that only target one section per day: don't you feel super unsatisfied? I always do my whole routine every time I lift.

Also, I lose progress if I don't do that. For example, I bench on MWF, but if I miss even one of those days, the next time I bench it's like I took a step back.
    No, simply because your muscle need rest, the only thing I do that often would be abs because they recover quicker. I like to do a 4 day set - chest, back, arms, shoulders. Then in a perfect world, I would do chest again starting the cycle over and never miss a day at the gym. At the same time, when I do chest, I usually do 6 exercises. Sometimes I switch it up and do chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, w/e etc.

Going to try out this system when I go back next week http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ktd ... ecial.html. Hurt my neck at ball so I missed 2 weeks, but I'm pretty solid now to where I feel I can start cutting and still be pretty strong.
    1:09 AM - DiSMeK: damn bro its the ganked sniper
    1:09 AM - DiSMeK: that shits more legendary than yaphets sf

PM WTFDOTA

Quote Originally Posted by Spit-wad
    For all you guys doing the routines that only target one section per day: don't you feel super unsatisfied? I always do my whole routine every time I lift.

Also, I lose progress if I don't do that. For example, I bench on MWF, but if I miss even one of those days, the next time I bench it's like I took a step back.
    Your not giving each muscle group enough time to recuperate and more than likely you're not teaching high enough if you don't feel the squeeze. I speed about 45 to 1hour on each muscle group

Just got a gym membership at the local planet fitness, figure since im out of classes by noon should do something other then dota all day. Trying to cut down alot of fat ive gained since highschool. Used to swim and play varisty soccer, any reccommendations for first time gym-goer routines? so far ive gotten do 1 muscle group at a time and from browsing reddit fitness should do cardio after lifts due to fatigue.
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_mind View Post
    good thing we're all well adjusted human beings here that don't ever take shit too far

Quote Originally Posted by GenocideRun
    Just got a gym membership at the local planet fitness, figure since im out of classes by noon should do something other then dota all day. Trying to cut down alot of fat ive gained since highschool. Used to swim and play varisty soccer, any reccommendations for first time gym-goer routines? so far ive gotten do 1 muscle group at a time and from browsing reddit fitness should do cardio after lifts due to fatigue.
    starting strength

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

Eat plants and pick shit up.

That's the Spit-wad guaranteed workout plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Korok
    Quote Originally Posted by GenocideRun
    starting strength
    http://www.mediafire.com/?11u8e92x5o488jd

PM WTFDOTA

It all depends really, I did 3 days lifting 5 days cardio when I first started out. Legs n back , chest n bis, shoulders n tris.

Legs n back:
    -leg press
    -squats
    -calf raises
    -dead lifts
    -rows

Chest n bis:
    -flat bench
    -incline bench
    -decline bench
    -hammer curls
    -ez bar curl

Shoulders n tris
    -skull crushers
    -rope pull downs
    -standing shoulder press
    -shoulder raises

Cardio:
    -cross trainer
    -rowing
    -swimming

Core:
    -mountain climbers
    - planks
    -crunches
    -bicycles

Number one thing I found to keep me motivated was a gym partner to push me, spot me

Unstoppable

I'm 5'7", 180 lbs.

man i still need to eat more

been doing ss for about a month now after lifting intermittently for the past 1.5 years

gained 5 pounds so far, let's see how long this run lasts (hopefully for the rest of my life)

Unstoppable

Mega Kill
    Steam ID
    IDropKickWalls

more like sexyl0o

PM WTFDOTA

noice champloo is a sick cunt

PM WTFDOTA

Quote Originally Posted by tsUmuGi-

been doing ss for about a month now after lifting intermittently for the past 1.5 years

gained 5 pounds so far, let's see how long this run lasts (hopefully for the rest of my life)
    yeah you probably want to increase your calorie intake to about 2000-3000 everyday. Make sure you eat fats, proteins and less carbs as that just goes to your gut

Unstoppable

well that was uncalled for...

Quote Originally Posted by nitestryker
    Quote Originally Posted by tsUmuGi-

yeah you probably want to increase your calorie intake to about 2000-3000 everyday. Make sure you eat fats, proteins and less carbs as that just goes to your gut
    yea im trying to hit 3k every day

i actually don't really like eating carbs

just gonna drink milk and eat eggs and meat; keeping it simple for now

tbh one of the problems i have is that i'm never hungry when i just wake up; any ideas for getting around that? other than the obvious just eat anyways

PM WTFDOTA

6 small meals a day. and push really hard at the gym until your exhausted. You will kick your metabolism into overdrive just by pushing high weights. Aim for 8 reps but 6 is still acceptable or even 4 if its really heavy weights

Unstoppable

Been on SS since June. Not following diet as strictly as I could, probably undereating or eating at maintenance more often than not....still managed to go from 115->142 at 5'6"ish.

Squat: 70 -> 235lb
    Bench: 60 -> 125lb
    Standing press: 50lb -> 90lb
    Deadlifts: 89lb ->225lb

All are 3x5, haven't ever tried 1RM. Haven't ever tried a "bodybuilding split" but SS seems to work real good.

Unstoppable

I recommend the CrossFit program for everyone. It is expensive but you will see the best results in a short amount of time

(i personally can't do it cuz i dont have the money to spend every month - its about $150/month in toronto)

Not only does it help you gain muscle but makes you a better athlete cuz the exercises aren't just based on increaseing your lifting strenght but your cardio/hand-eye coordination/etc as well

Once i have enough money - im gonna do it again (i did it for a month since i got a free 1month from my sister and it was AMAZING and i've incorporated some of it to my normal workout)

ex.
    one of their workouts is:

100 pull ups
    100 sit ups
    100 push ups
    100 squats

You have to do 100 of one thing to start the other category
    You don't have to do all 100 back to back you can stop and break
    You have to time yourself
    First time i did it, it took me 32 minutes i believe and sweat was coming out of my ass

thx korok and nite, also all you fucking tiny kids make me feel terrible. Even when I was in my best shape I was like 170 at 5'10" holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_mind View Post
    good thing we're all well adjusted human beings here that don't ever take shit too far