Page 3 of 505 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Re: NADOTA bodybuilding thread

ya forreal what about us fat kids, how do we cope with that??

Quote Originally Posted by Champl0o
    run

also no more fast food/pop

Quote Originally Posted by sooch
    Been on SS since June. Not following diet as strictly as I could, probably undereating or eating at maintenance more often than not....still managed to go from 115->142 at 5'6"ish.

Squat: 70 -> 235lb
    Bench: 60 -> 125lb
    Standing press: 50lb -> 90lb
    Deadlifts: 89lb ->225lb

All are 3x5, haven't ever tried 1RM. Haven't ever tried a "bodybuilding split" but SS seems to work real good.
    nice, get ian on board too if he isn't already
    i don't have anything to add to this thread since i'm doing rehab exercises for my left arm (broke it last semester)
    when i start lifting heavy again i'll post
    altho i am working with a friend who has never worked out before, it's gonna be interesting to see how his beginner gains will be

@genociderun
    see if you can find a friend or someone not retarded to judge your form when doing major exercises
    the pdf is pretty long but worth the read

Drake's Last New Friend asrmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RsF-GoSu-
    Quote Originally Posted by Champl0o
    run

also no more fast food/pop
    easily said by someone already sexy

jk doe im prolly gonna start running/spinning during the summer and keep in shape like that for the next few years (just gotta find the willpower to carry it over into the school year) and after i graduate ill have a more regular schedule where i wanna try and thicken up a bit

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story

ud be really surprised by how much weight u lose just from cutting junk food/pop

Drake's Last New Friend asrmatt's Avatar

by losing weight does that equate to losing that little muffintop?

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story

Wicked Sick
    Steam ID
    ricefarmer301

i'm just starting out again. Lost a bunch of weight from not lifting/eating so here we go

for the first month or so i do the major exercises every time i lift, 3 days a week

I've been working out since i returned to school January 19th, this is what my workouts/sets x reps/numbers are looking at as of tuesday

I am 5'10" 135 pounds atm, trying to get back to the 145 or so i was at a year ago

bench - 3x6 - 125 ( i have a bad left shoulder from wrestling don't make fun of me)
    squat or deadlift - 3 x 6 - 205 for squat, 275 for deadlift
    pullups - 3 sets of as many as i can do - 16 first set, 6 2nd, 4 3rd
    1 biceps/triceps exercise each

after a couple more weeks of this, i'm gonna move to the more traditional splits
    ASSD: i havnt pay attention in thast class at all
    ASSD: im to busy alway flirting with chicks
    ASSD: they are hot too
    ASSD: this is why im failing

Steam ID
    monk_d

im grown i aint watching the throne im sabotaging it
    Toxic-free zone

If you ain't doing GOMAD you ain't doing shit

http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squat ... in-weight/

thats so dumb, if you dont work out your other muscle groups you're just gonna have massive legs

Beyond Grantlike Orrin"I make girls wet"Xu's Avatar
    Steam ID
    twitter.com/harodihg

Milk is for pussies

6/4 - 190 lb

3 days a week gym - usually randomly assorted when i feel like going ( i know its better to have a set schedule but meh)

chest/bis/cardio - day 1 - bench 225 3 sets 6 reps each
    back/tris/cardio - day 2
    shoulders/legs/cardio - day 3

cardio after weights is BETTER just incase anyone was wondering - if u do cardio before you do weights it works off muscle and fat and does not solely focus on fat

went from 245 to 190 in about 9-10 months or so.

i just started lemme know if this is a stupid work out.
    i put 30min on my upperbody all area.
    30min on legs/abs
    1 hour on jogging.
    basically im working on all parts of the body and i usually spend about 1 hr and 30min to 2 hour at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoR
    6/4 - 190 lb

3 days a week gym - usually randomly assorted when i feel like going ( i know its better to have a set schedule but meh)

chest/bis/cardio - day 1 - bench 225 3 sets 6 reps each
    back/tris/cardio - day 2
    shoulders/legs/cardio - day 3

cardio after weights is BETTER just incase anyone was wondering - if u do cardio before you do weights it works off muscle and fat and does not solely focus on fat

went from 245 to 190 in about 9-10 months or so.
    this isn't true, whether you burn fat or muscle depends on your heart rate during cardio. If the heart rate gets too high (approx > 75%) of your max heart rate you will begin to burn glycogen storage (sugar) and once you run out of sugar stores you begin burning muscle (muscle is broken down into glycogen). So to burn fat and not muscle you need prolonged low intensity cardio sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by NengLM
    i just started lemme know if this is a stupid work out.
    i put 30min on my upperbody all area.
    30min on legs/abs
    1 hour on jogging.
    basically im working on all parts of the body and i usually spend about 1 hr and 30min to 2 hour at the gym.

Hi NengLM,

It is best to split your cardio and your lifting workouts. Most ppl split by day, ex. MWF lifting and TT running. However, if you feel you want to do them both on the same day - it is better to do Cardio in the morning and then workout later in the day (like at night). Why? Because when you run you are using your energy - when your energy is depleted you will not be able to lift the heavy weights you want to gain muscle and lose form since you are tired. BUT you should always do a little warmup before your lifting workout, ie. running for 5 minutes on the treadmill.

"i put 30min on my upperbody all area.
    30min on legs/abs"
    I dislike. Focus on a muscle group and work that out on that day. It's acceptable to do full body exercises every other day BUT it is so much better to focus on a muscle group. Why? When you work out a certain group your blood flows in that area - you want to focus on the area the blood is flowing and not go from bicep to leg to back because you will get less results. Your workout should not be more than 50 minutes (you stop producing some thing i forget what its called after 40-45 minutes - so it exponentially loses the point). You also want to rest your muscles - this gives you the opportunity to do so.

Also, being at the gym for 2 hours constantly working out is tiring as shit - you will lose energy and willpower to lift the heavy weights that will gain you your muscle as time goes on.

Focus. Lift hard.

Regards,
    Damon

adding on to damon's comment about time, 40-1 hr is plenty time to effectively use and push yourself for heavy lifting

I don't recommend milk, its very high in sugar, and there are theories that its loaded with hormones etc that they feed the cows so they produce more milk. And don't drink soy milk, soy raises estrogen.

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!

i recommend you buy guns instead of working out.

Anyone know any awesome upper back exercises? My routine is pretty solid with the exception of my back day - I just can't get that pump feeling. Currently I'm doing one armed dumbbell rows, seated rows, and then lat pulldowns, but I feel like there's gotta be some lesser known exercise out there that I could throw in to finish out the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by zzqq
    Anyone know any awesome upper back exercises? My routine is pretty solid with the exception of my back day - I just can't get that pump feeling. Currently I'm doing one armed dumbbell rows, seated rows, and then lat pulldowns, but I feel like there's gotta be some lesser known exercise out there that I could throw in to finish out the routine.
    deadlifts/pull ups. Deadlifts work the entire posterior chain so it might make you too sore for leg days though. I do 1 arm rows with the barbell, that my favorite back exercise. Also, look into "T-bar Rows" they are very good, and lat pull overs.