Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Steam ID
    WTFDota
    Idea: A separate section of NADota that is like a time-out pen. If you go full retard, you get put in time out. Anyone else can talk in there, but the time out kids can't talk in GenPop.
    Quote Originally Posted by HmmMilkshake View Post
    I think I can play support better than bdiz and universe, but I wouldn't want to regardless.
    Honestly, nadota has been overrun, or grown, or whatever you want to call it so it's no longer a little club, but a big fucking commercial/public site. Go 100% with it. Make money off ads/wongs/a store. Put streams up. Do your own content. Stop trying to hold on to the notion that we can keep the close knit club we have historically been, because it's gone at this point (and I think you know it too spit)
    NADota playpen members: Milkshake, NengLM, ironstove, Kanadian, MrSoada, xCom, qweasdzxcdot, insom

Steam ID
    monk_d
    on the real dough, i wouldn't mind this

also mikey go fuck urself

Steam ID
    Wololo_
    retards that post random youtube links only in posts should get perma

Legend
    Steam ID
    sirgenoc1de
    Do you think some sort of warning system should be put in place?

edit:

We have a "three strikes" rule or something and then if someone decides to be disruptive they get their posting taken away for a couple days
    Last edited by Geno; March 18th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
    CyberPower eSports guy

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    The only reason spit-wad took away silenincg people with points is that it ruined activity...so everyone with "remove posting" ideas are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Do you think some sort of warning system should be put in place?

edit:

We have a "three strikes" rule or something and then if someone decides to be disruptive they get their posting taken away for a couple days
    As much as I like this idea, I doubt it will be applied properly. Too many people would bitch if them spamming/flaming/trolling got their posting taken away.

Hello, concerned netizen here:

I for one am not willing to let the great house of IxMiKe88 (nadota) get turned into another playdota. A change to a playdota forum structure is a gradual process with several factors involved. Let me delineate a few:

1. Influx of dota players new to both the game and to the forum scene - qweasdzxcdot as an exemplar of such
    2. Accommodation of such newer players at the expense of older members
    3. An ontological forum shift toward "pure dota discussion" in lieu of existing conversational structures
    4. Stringent moderation levied in response to facilitate this "pure dota discussion"
    5. Rise of certain "key" "respected' forum members who both officially and unofficially assume role of facilitator
    6. Synthesis of new "pub-pyramid" power structures as a result of such: one "respected" member assuming the keystone position over a base of qweasdzxcdots who feed positive input into, and thus reinforce said power structure.

The process is slow, but sure, and results from the aforementioned points in what can be labeled as a relatively linear fashion. Thus, what is to be done? I suggest that if indeed a playdota transformation is to be avoided, a list must first be created, of all new members who have joined within the last 3 months. After compiling said list, a careful analysis will be made to discover who amongst that list is actually attempting to post as a regular member. These individuals will then have a gold star placed next to their name.

Dovetailing this effort to catalogue newer members, will be the synthesis of a collective body of individuals charged with the purpose of generating wealth from the new betting system. Wongs in large quantity will strategically be bet in matches until a large wong liquidity exists between members of this collective body. Wongs will continue to be strategically bet in effort to maintain a large wong liquidity, yet such liquidity will be directed toward the central objective of this body: to place upon the head of each new starred member, a one wong per day silence. With enough Wong capital split between the body, newer members will essentially cease to exist and the origins of a playdota structural transformation will be preemptively rooted out.

Therefore I ask you, netizens, nadotans, and dotamen, which forum structure would you so prefer? The nadota we all have come to enjoy and love: the last few years run with simple community justice to deal with extreme cases (milkshake, insom), or an authoritarian, heavy handed pubfriendly nadota which will only in time facilitate another playdota, teamliquid, where the IxMiKe88s dissappear, and only qweasdzxcdots are to be found.

The choice is yours.

Steam ID
    miasma
    Quote Originally Posted by WinkieDuck View Post
    countless threads concerning this topic. but gets nowhere.

i do support tho.

i understand that grandgrant is a socially awkward person, but if we work together and teach him mannered dialogue, nadota.com can potentially be a true resource/asset to the nadota community.
    pretending to constructively contribute to a thread while subtly sniping somebody is great form and you pulled this off magnificently i'm sure nobody noticed

First Blood
    Steam ID
    Wher92
    i will volunteer my free time on moderating these forums.
    i will not ban anyone however i will warn them and remove any flame message.
    if its funny. sure let it be there, no harm done.
    i'll be the greatest there ever is
    I am... Cloud Majera

Steam ID
    asrmatt8
    Wtf?

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story

Steam ID
    Wololo_
    Quote Originally Posted by KFC ***** View Post
    Hello, concerned netizen here:

I for one am not willing to let the great house of IxMiKe88 (nadota) get turned into another playdota. A change to a playdota forum structure is a gradual process with several factors involved. Let me delineate a few:

1. Influx of dota players new to both the game and to the forum scene - qweasdzxcdot as an exemplar of such
    2. Accommodation of such newer players at the expense of older members
    3. An ontological forum shift toward "pure dota discussion" in lieu of existing conversational structures
    4. Stringent moderation levied in response to facilitate this "pure dota discussion"
    5. Rise of certain "key" "respected' forum members who both officially and unofficially assume role of facilitator
    6. Synthesis of new "pub-pyramid" power structures as a result of such: one "respected" member assuming the keystone position over a base of qweasdzxcdots who feed positive input into, and thus reinforce said power structure.

The process is slow, but sure, and results from the aforementioned points in what can be labeled as a relatively linear fashion. Thus, what is to be done? I suggest that if indeed a playdota transformation is to be avoided, a list must first be created, of all new members who have joined within the last 3 months. After compiling said list, a careful analysis will be made to discover who amongst that list is actually attempting to post as a regular member. These individuals will then have a gold star placed next to their name.

Dovetailing this effort to catalogue newer members, will be the synthesis of a collective body of individuals charged with the purpose of generating wealth from the new betting system. Wongs in large quantity will strategically be bet in matches until a large wong liquidity exists between members of this collective body. Wongs will continue to be strategically bet in effort to maintain a large wong liquidity, yet such liquidity will be directed toward the central objective of this body: to place upon the head of each new starred member, a one wong per day silence. With enough Wong capital split between the body, newer members will essentially cease to exist and the origins of a playdota structural transformation will be preemptively rooted out.

Therefore I ask you, netizens, nadotans, and dotamen, which forum structure would you so prefer? The nadota we all have come to enjoy and love: the last few years run with simple community justice to deal with extreme cases (milkshake, insom), or an authoritarian, heavy handed pubfriendly nadota which will only in time facilitate another playdota, teamliquid, where the IxMiKe88s dissappear, and only qweasdzxcdots are to be found.

The choice is yours.
    any tl;dr versions of this out therE ?

Steam ID
    Wololo_
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    pretending to constructively contribute to a thread while subtly sniping somebody is great form and you pulled this off magnificently i'm sure nobody noticed
    LOL

Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    tldr "netizen" is a word I had never heard before.

A user of the Internet, esp. a habitual or avid one

After compiling said list, a careful analysis will be made to discover who amongst that list is actually attempting to post as a regular member. These individuals will then have a gold star placed next to their name.
    none

soz to contributing to the meta-flame-flame

Arteezy: my stupid fucking dad's classical music is distracting me how am i supposed 2 concentrate

Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    Re: purpose of the thread, my answer is no. NADotA is what it is. We all complain, but we're all still here. I've taken baby steps to try to "improve" things, but a big change like this would ruin us. Even the "no trolling in team recruitment" poll showed significant support of no moderation.

Site took a big step from a while back (with the older look). Informative news posts, some discussions, etc. Having NADotA like TeamLiquid would kinda suck, but having some more serious discussions wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brood_Star View Post
    none

soz to contributing to the meta-flame-flame
    bro I think you misunderstand - the gold starred members would be the ones to be silenced

jood2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Smith
    How can the playpen be real, if Nadota isn't real?

Steam ID
    bk_ganked
    We have this on a smaller scale. The back room has had some constructive topics, and it is quite refreshing, but on a larger scale, there is no way this would actually work.
    1:09 AM - DiSMeK: damn bro its the ganked sniper
    1:09 AM - DiSMeK: that shits more legendary than yaphets sf

Quote Originally Posted by m0rphl1ng View Post
    Idea: A separate section of NADota that is like a time-out pen. If you go full retard, you get put in time out. Anyone else can talk in there, but the time out kids can't talk in GenPop.
    nobody goes full-retard.

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Mistah FAB does