Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    Would be better if you stream for now and Aysee co-cast. He misses quite few moments, needs some time to see all map. Especially when he moved from navis team fight where they wiped al today lmao

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Wongs
    murs is a fuck

Steam ID
    WTFDota
    Wongs
    You guys are great. Honestly, just cast more and you'll get better and have more knowledge.

Day-9 of dota might be Tobi, but Draskyll/Ayesee are the Tastosis of dota. Draysee? Ayeskll (sounds like high skill)?
    Quote Originally Posted by HmmMilkshake View Post
    I think I can play support better than bdiz and universe, but I wouldn't want to regardless.
    Honestly, nadota has been overrun, or grown, or whatever you want to call it so it's no longer a little club, but a big fucking commercial/public site. Go 100% with it. Make money off ads/wongs/a store. Put streams up. Do your own content. Stop trying to hold on to the notion that we can keep the close knit club we have historically been, because it's gone at this point (and I think you know it too spit)
    NADota playpen members: Milkshake, NengLM, ironstove, Kanadian, MrSoada, xCom, qweasdzxcdot, insom

Wongs
    Tatosis sucks now?

they are like rotterdam and mrbitter

Steam ID
    Leoj
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by Supa_Warlord View Post
    Would be better if you stream for now and Aysee co-cast. He misses quite few moments, needs some time to see all map. Especially when he moved from navis team fight where they wiped al today lmao
    You want the guy doing play-by-play to control the camera so the viewers are seeing exactly what he sees.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    Yea, maybe it would work if it occurred SC2 style, where there was a dedicated observer, and the play-by-play caster's view was that of the dedicated observer? He does miss quite a bit, so that would be a possible way of correcting it.
    EGIdrA: am i really playing some guy named amonkey?

Libo Chang: i'd perform a self castration if i got
    Libo Chang: 15k
    Libo Chang: viewers

[11:04:25 PM] Krishtian Navedo: libo
    [11:04:27 PM] Krishtian Navedo: stick ur dick in her
    [11:04:31 PM] Libo Chang: ?????
    [11:04:34 PM] Libo Chang: i dont
    [11:04:35 PM] Libo Chang: want
    [11:04:39 PM] Libo Chang: da scvs

Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    Wongs
    There's a lot less to look at in Sc2 (the action is usually only happening in one place at a time). It would be incredibly frustrating to do a play-by-play cast of DotA without control of the camera.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by Spit-wad View Post
    There's a lot less to look at in Sc2 (the action is usually only happening in one place at a time). It would be incredibly frustrating to do a play-by-play cast of DotA without control of the camera.
    I don't think so, really. In SC2 you can have around 3 drops at a time and a push, so some high-end production tournaments like IPL have started to have picture-in-picture streams, even, so you can see a drop in a part of a screen and the main push in the main part of the screen.

I think that in DotA, it's much harder to know WHERE the action is going to occur. A lane can go from nothing to a kill instantly, while in SC2 you see the dropship moving out so you know something is going to become of it. I think that is a reason why DotA should have a dedicated observer even more - someone who's sole job is to watch the slightest movements on the minimap to determine and see when people are going on one another, etc.
    EGIdrA: am i really playing some guy named amonkey?

Libo Chang: i'd perform a self castration if i got
    Libo Chang: 15k
    Libo Chang: viewers

[11:04:25 PM] Krishtian Navedo: libo
    [11:04:27 PM] Krishtian Navedo: stick ur dick in her
    [11:04:31 PM] Libo Chang: ?????
    [11:04:34 PM] Libo Chang: i dont
    [11:04:35 PM] Libo Chang: want
    [11:04:39 PM] Libo Chang: da scvs

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by m0rphl1ng View Post
    Day-9 of dota might be Tobi
    how can you compare day 9 and tobi

day9 has extensive sc knowledge having been one of the best foreign sc players in the world and tobi has ZERO dota knowledge

personality wise, they might compare in entertainment value but knowledge wise, day9 is einstein and tobi is your retarded brother onto

sadly, there will never be a day9 of dota

Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by G.SkiLL View Post
    there will never be a day9 of dota
    quoting fierce quoting me

First Blood
    Steam ID
    Draskyl911
    Wongs
    I've actually casted without camera control before and it wasn't so bad. During the International in August we basically had to cast off another stream entirely, but it didn't feel that terrible tbh. I think the built in camera mode for the delayed spectator games would be awesome to have inside of a real-time spectator game. That way the live casters don't have to worry about always looking at the minimap 24/7.

Overall though I think the longer he plays and casts for it it'll get better. Today I feel was one of the worse days we've had in terms of camera work I almost panicked when I heard him talking calmly as 5 heroes from Na`Vi were seconds away from clashing with aL in one of the games.

Thank you guys though for all your continued support, not sure if I would call us a Tastosis or Bitterdam yet, but we'll get there with your help!

Wongs
    Bitterfuck

Wongs
    DraskylCPK
    [6:16:07 PM] Grant: bobby can u cook me up some shit at ti3
    [6:16:10 PM] Grant: if i bring my mike tyson
    [6:16:13 PM] Grant: or whats the portabnle grill called
    [6:16:15 PM] Robert: ROFL

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    biggest complaint i got was for you to get a better mic lol

I think you're talking about the Directed camera mode. Considering how fairly accurate it is for it being an automated camera, it probably makes use of the 2 minute delay to process any events that occur so that when spectators finally get to see it, the camera knows what to focus on. That's my guess at least.

In terms of having a designated camera guy, Honcast used to have one until he got hired by s2 (DangerousDan). I'm sure you know how infamous BreakyCPK was for missing plenty of action. It helps if a person who is at least decent at the game, who inherently has good map awareness, does the camera work since they would know exactly what to pay attention to in case the play-by-play guy misses it. Might be worth experimenting with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikrazy View Post
    Every single time that Ayesee asks your opinion you open up with "Yeah..." and then transition into your opinion...Every...Time.

Just pointing it out. (:
    Well, fuck you for pointing this out. I'm going to get annoyed every time i hear him cast now...

Quote Originally Posted by Spit-wad View Post
    quoting fierce quoting me
    You're both wrong because the "day9" of dota is chinese.

Wongs
    Enter camera lord grandgrant

Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestryker View Post
    biggest complaint i got was for you to get a better mic lol
    Already been handled (package arriving sometime this week).

Steam ID
    asrmatt8
    Wongs
    ^ownage

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story