Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    M-M-M-Monster Kill Rainbow Dust's Avatar

This is probably the last place I should post for help... so it is.

I'm not taking this out, I just want to make sure everyone knows this thread is unnecessary. Thank you NADotA.

Original post:
    Well NADotA, the time has come for me to get on my knees. Not like that... come on...

No, but seriously. I need some help. I'm out of options, and this is the last place I can turn to. My friends and family can't help, I'm out of things to return to Wal-Mart, and all of my money-making schemes have failed miserably. I can't even ship the items I've sold on eBay because I have absolutely nothing.

I don't have much to offer. I have an Outwar account with a level 71 character, a RIFT account with no time on it, a WoW account up to TBC with no time or significant characters on it, a 42" TV that I can't afford to ship, a MtG binder worth about $100, a Steam account with only Dota 2 (if there's anything I want to keep it's this, but priorities...), WC3/TFT keys, a Diablo 2 key... I think that's about it. Feel free to offer me anything on any of these, I just want to feed myself and my wife.

If you have any advice, I'm all ears. I've tried almost everything at this point; the state won't help me, and though I'm starting a shitty new job soon, I won't be getting paid for at least two weeks and I need to eat and pay rent in the meantime. I'm literally ready to jump off a bridge, but that won't help my wife now, will it? I just don't know what to do. If anyone can help me out in any way I'd really appreciate it and will do everything I can to pay you back when I get my money from my eBay sales (after I ship them...) and start getting paychecks. It will take awhile since I need to pay my $600 gas bill, get my bank account out of the negatives, and pay rent.

Maybe this was an awful idea and I'll delete all of this after getting massively trolled. I just don't know what to do at this point. Let me know if you want anything that I have and what you'll give me for it, or if you just want to help me out.

I don't think I'll ever get to move to Sweden at this rate.
    Last edited by Rainbow Dust; April 20th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Next pay check I can throw 100 your way

i'll donate 10-20 as well within a few days

everyone has rough times they need help through
    no animated sigs

Quote Originally Posted by nitestryker View Post
    Next pay check I can throw 100 your way
    Anything would be hugely appreciated guys. Like I said, I will do everything in my power to pay anyone who lends me anything back asap. I really hate owing people, or feeling like I owe somebody. I also hate asking anyone for help, which is probably why I'm still shit at Dota.

I expected to get trolled. o_o

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    I'll help as much as I can monetarily and I'll post some advice when I get home. Just wondering how did you get yourself into this position ?

I'll help as much as I can monetarily and I'll post some advice when I get home. Just wondering how did you get yourself into this position ?
    Me and my wife were irresponsible with our money a few months ago. We weren't making enough to support the pizzas, the fast food, the energy drinks, etc. We tried to fix the situation and just buy ramen noodles and cheap soda/drink water but it was too late. I took a job at Wal-Mart making an *okay* amount of money, but it was too far away and when I ran out of gas and couldn't get to work I lost my job. I have a friend getting me a temporary job at Burger King until I can find something better - I really want to make my eBay business work but until I see results I'm only using it for extra cash... but that job (even if I start today) isn't going to pay anything for at least two weeks. So we just got behind... the bills started piling up and we ended up overdrafting our bank account by about $10 then ignoring it... both of our checks were direct deposited though, so that was a huge mistake. When we checked the account the day before my paycheck about a month ago it was negative $400... we set up an amazing payment plan through my bank which wiped it clean before my paycheck went through and set up a $100/month payment plan. Pretty cool... until we ran out of money again from bills and rent and ended up negative $400 again in an extremely similar fashion. They won't help out again, so we're just kinda screwed at this point. I've sold my entire MtG collection save a rare binder worth about $100. The collection was well over 12k cards and I have spent most of my life collecting it. I also sold my PS3, and am trying to sell my TV locally on Craigslist. If that sells I can get my account out of the negatives and buy some food.

I was planning on doing a 48! hour stream event on Twitch, but I can't. The quality is shit, and it lags me to the point that any game I play is unplayable. I thought I could handle it but I can't. I'm good at staying up and I thought people would love to watch me play some Hardcore SMP Minecraft for 48 hours without dying while quitting smoking... it would also bring players to my friend's Minecraft server. But I just don't have the RAM for it.

I've sold about $80 worth of stuff on eBay but I can't ship it, so I won't be able to access the money until then. I don't really know what else to post... I think I've just about covered my situation. I'm negative $400 in my bank and owe rent at the end of this month which is $325 and my gas will be getting shut off if I can't pay $600... my stove is electric though so at least I can cook.

Thanks just for listening, and I can't say enough how grateful I am for whatever anyone can help with.
    Last edited by Rainbow Dust; April 20th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    ill send you money as soon as i can, but a word of advice:

1) Get rid of all luxuries (smokes, internet etc until you're back up again)
    2) When you can try to up skill yourself ASAP

ill send you money as soon as i can, but a word of advice:

1) Get rid of all luxuries (smokes, internet etc until you're back up again)
    2) When you can try to up skill yourself ASAP
    Yeah, we're trying to quit smoking. It's beyond difficult, to be honest, but we don't have much of a choice at this point. As for the internet, I can't really get rid of it right now since I'm eBaying all of my leftover MtG cards. If I had a friend with internet that I could use it would be one thing, but I don't know anyone around where I live.

What do you mean about up skill myself? Go to school or something? That's my plan, but I need to get out of this slump first. Food and work is my priority at the moment.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    holy shit, you're married but you're working at places like walmart and burgerking?

Steam ID
    Risk_Player
    Quote Originally Posted by G.SkiLL View Post
    holy shit, you're married but you're working at places like walmart and burgerking?
    rude bro not everyone can afford school and shit

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk_Player View Post
    not everyone can afford the price and responsibilities of marriage but this dude just thought, hey why not

then he squanders his money on high margin products without even a thought about budgeting

i know i'm kicking him while he's down but REALLY?

you want some real advice? go apply for foodstamps don't be a fucking bitch, just do it, i don't want to hear some stupid shit about pride, i want to hear a yes sir, i'm going to apply for food stamps today

Quote Originally Posted by Risk_Player View Post
    It's not rude, it's the truth. I should have focused more in school, but it was hard for me to focus with my mom being a drug addict and dropping me out without telling me in 11th grade while I was in the hospital after getting into a few fights in school; and then leaving me homeless for two years at 16 years old, which just ended up in me getting into drugs and drinking and all other kinds of dumb shit.

I've been doing well for myself since meeting my wife, at least compared to the life I was living before. I haven't had a chance to go to school yet, because every time we start getting ahead something bad happens to put us behind again. We're just in a really shitty situation right now and basically selling everything we own to get out of the dumps. It's not like I'm sitting on my ass collecting money from the government; they won't give me anything anyway, though they will give it to the drug dealers and pregnant 14-year-olds. I've got a job lined up and I'm trying to find something else to work opposite the shift I'll be working there until I can find something better than both jobs combined.

I'm not making excuses. We're in this situation because we were naive, and now we're paying for it. I never said that I deserve help from anyone. I want to make my life better, and easier, but that's pretty far in the distance at this point. Right now, I just need to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by G.SkiLL View Post
    not everyone can afford the price and responsibilities of marriage but this dude just thought, hey why not

then he squanders his money on high margin products without even a thought about budgeting

i know i'm kicking him while he's down but REALLY?

you want some real advice? go apply for foodstamps don't be a fucking bitch, just do it, i don't want to hear some stupid shit about pride, i want to hear a yes sir, i'm going to apply for food stamps today
    I did apply, I get about $0.68 a month. And my wife contributes as much as (if not more than) I do. It's significantly cheaper for us to live together than apart. On top of that, we were married 4 years ago when I had a job paying $13/hour working 16 hour workdays 5 days a week. I was making bank working for a foreclosure trustee... until Obama was elected and I got laid off shortly after due to the multitude of bailouts.

goodluck bro
    Last edited by RedHarvest; April 20th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
    EGIdrA: am i really playing some guy named amonkey?

Libo Chang: i'd perform a self castration if i got
    Libo Chang: 15k
    Libo Chang: viewers

[11:04:25 PM] Krishtian Navedo: libo
    [11:04:27 PM] Krishtian Navedo: stick ur dick in her
    [11:04:31 PM] Libo Chang: ?????
    [11:04:34 PM] Libo Chang: i dont
    [11:04:35 PM] Libo Chang: want
    [11:04:39 PM] Libo Chang: da scvs

Quote Originally Posted by RedHarvest View Post
    goodluck bro
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

this is true poverty, no help for the people that want to help themselves

im glad my mother was single and made minimum wage i guess, im getting most of my school paid for

good luck, ill send $20 when i can tho

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDARY-TOM
    Guy A has always been good to you.
    Guy B has always been good to you too but he had sex with your dog one time.

Who do you lend your car to?

Hint: not guy B.

I don't have any money to send but I sympathize with you. My sister was similarly in trouble and had to move back to my moms place for a bit. I hope things pick up for you.

Probably asshole-y for asking for this, but proof? Picture of gas bill? Picture/screenshot of bank account?

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    lol great thread A+ would read again. Fucking legendary thread of inspiration. Let this stand as proof to the rest of you guys out there that are witnesses, these are the type of people phazed, morphling, and zigi are like IRL which is why they act the way they do online always attempting to attack and bring down others in their desperate attempts to bring themselves up.

Here, I just paypaled you some AIDS. As the saying goes, "Misery loves company."

So I hope you're here to stay. Keep me up to date.

Protip if you don't already: Buy cigarette butts + papers + tobacco + cig roller and roll your own cigs. You can get like 3 packs worth for 3-10 bucks depending on what brand you buy and where you buy it. (I smoked American Spirits, though I make enough money now to buy cigs like a normal person at the liquor store)

Best parts were the following:

When we checked the account the day before my paycheck about a month ago it was negative $400... we set up an amazing payment plan through my bank which wiped it clean before my paycheck went through and set up a $100/month payment plan. Pretty cool... until we ran out of money again from bills and rent and ended up negative $400 again in an extremely similar fashion. They won't help out again
    We're just in a really shitty situation right now and basically selling everything we own to get out of the dumps. It's not like I'm sitting on my ass collecting money from the government; they won't give me anything anyway, though they will give it to the drug dealers and pregnant 14-year-olds ..... We're in this situation because we were naive, and now we're paying for it. I never said that I deserve help from anyone. I want to make my life better, and easier, but that's pretty far in the distance at this point.
    I'm not making excuses .... but it was hard for me to focus with my mom being a drug addict and dropping me out without telling me in 11th grade while I was in the hospital after getting into a few fights in school; and then leaving me homeless for two years at 16 years old, which just ended up in me getting into drugs and drinking and all other kinds of dumb shit.
    I was making bank working for a foreclosure trustee... until Obama was elected and I got laid off shortly after due to the multitude of bailouts.
    ------

Damn dude, you're a funny guy, hella shit talking on these forums about other people's lives holding this 'greater than thou' demeanor with all this bullshit 'i get laid, i had a tough life, you guys are all losers' type of crap when your entire life is a trainwreck (and i'm not talking about your past, i'm saying this in regards to present).

I'd donate money, but there is this 80 dollar shirt and 75 dollar pair of welt pocket pants I'd rather buy that I saw yesterday at American Apparel because I feel like the money would be put to better use.

I'm the type of person that loves to create his own problems because in reality I don't really have any, while you're the type of person that runs away from his own problems by focusing on other people's and using their lives as a foil to make you feel better about your own, ultimately never looking at yourself in the mirror.

This thread was so good. I've been having a bad morning and I still have a bad morning, but at least my problems aren't as bad as yours (though they were quite similar in the past).

You've got problems and having a woman around doesn't help. Take my advice on that. Change is mandatory, but improving is optional and always painful.
    Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.

Good artists copy, great artists steal.

When you see water flowing uphill, a kindness is being repaid.

1) Ban ironstove he's a faggot

2) best of luck bro. i'll try to help you when I can.