Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs

private torrent vs usenet vs mirc vs direct downloads

which do you guys use and which would you say is the safest?

I am currently using direct downloads since they are free and speed isn't a big priority, but I've been looking into usenet mainly for the convenience and low cost i.e. 19 bucks for 200 gb + sick beard to automatically download everything to be ready for viewing for when I get home.

However, mirc is a pretty close rival, only I have never used the service for anything large (mainly music/comics in the past) so I wouldn't know where to start, and same with BT, I am a pretty big BT noob, don't know much about it or how to get into a private tracker's site and which ones are good. Mainly used demonoid back before it went public and nowadays I don't trust TPB or DE, but I've heard there are ways to DL torrents anonymously though I'm unsure of how true that is since I don't understand the finer technical mechanics very well (nor do I want to invest the time if I am already dling a safe way i.e. DDL/usenet).

Money isn't the biggest issue for me, mainly availability. Thoughts to share?
    Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.

im pretty sure demonoid or tpb will satisfy any of your needs

i use private torrents only because of the selection of shit i can get

i assume usenet/ddl are good for scene releases
    rl r h

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs
    What about security/anonymity?
    Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.

Public torrents are there if you're dumb as fuck. (Not secure/anonymous)
    IRC is good if you have access to the private channels to download from the bots. (Secure/not really anonymous)
    Usenet is great.
    Private trackers are great.

A combination of DDL, private trackers, IRC, and Usenet is best.

All at once

Steam ID
    kingliche
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by drmaul View Post
    Public torrents are there if you're dumb as fuck. (Not secure/anonymous)
    IRC is good if you have access to the private channels to download from the bots. (Secure/not really anonymous)
    Usenet is great.
    Private trackers are great.

A combination of DDL, private trackers, IRC, and Usenet is best.
    best answer

hows one even use usenet or irc

all i know is #bookz
    rl r h

Steam ID
    asrmatt8
    Wongs
    are private trackers pretty much invite-only?

jing: first time i saw my girl
    jing: i mumbled for like an hour
    jing: i couldn't even keep eye contact
    jing: and she was like "can you speak up"
    jing: and then i just fucking left

jing: i tried eating the girl out but i had no idea what i was doing
    jing: i felt like she faked moans or w/e
    jing: cause i had 0 idea of how to eat a girl out
    jing: i flicked it with my tongue
    jing: but eventually it got kind of repetitive and i had no idea what to do next
    jing: what a fucking horrible story

yes
    rl r h

ddls were my go to before everything got shut down/banned from usa/etc but ive been using piratebay for a few years now and no dcma notifications but some of my friends have

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs
    Just because they aren't notifying you doesn't mean you are getting away with it lol. Bt is the easiest to spot, idk how prov torrents are any different if the method is the same. Does it use encryption or something ?

no difference except exclusitivity
    rl r h

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs
    OK whatever I'm going to buy a Usenet block account. Seems like the safest option and the one I picked even gives you a vpn service which is perfect. Since my work is actually government/security related it would look shady if ppl found out I was a pirate lulz